Tuesday, January 23, 2018

23 Pies for National Pie Day




Today, for some reason, is National Pie Day. I would have thought March 14 (3.14) would be a better candidate, but I guess not everyone geeks out on math stuff. Any reason to celebrate delicious pie is okay with me, however, so I offer you a list of all the best pies posted to The Messy Apron Archives over the years.


As it turns out, this compilation of pies, sweet and savory, came out to a list of exactly 23 recipes. Perhaps there is a reason January 23 is Pie Day after all. And it’s directly tied to my humble little web log! Coincidence? I think not!


Anyway, whether they’re sweet, fruity, chocolaty, rich, savory, or packed with vegetables, pies are great, as evidenced by the fact that I have the perfect number of recipes here, even though I’m not that great at making pie. Here they are, grouped into sweet or savory bundles, presented without regard to seasonality.





Sweet pies including lots of different fruits, chocolate, crumble tops, and multiple styles of crust:






Savory Pies including vegetables of every season, custard fillings, and various cheeses:




Whether it’s pie for dessert or for breakfast, lunch or supper, this particular food group deserves to be celebrated whenever we get the chance. Pie on, good bakers!


Another post like this one: National Peanut Butter Cookie Day




No comments:

Post a Comment