Thursday, January 29, 2015

Super Bowl Snacks



I have to admit that I’m not that fired up about the Super Bowl this year. I’m bitter (because my favorite team decided to quit playing in the middle of the championship game and let the other team win.) I’m fed up with unfair play, celebrity worship, and high-profile bad behavior (you can choose from many incidents over the last year or so as an explanation for this one.) And I’m recovering from being sick (again!)

If I was more fired up about the big game, you can bet I’d be researching, testing, and sharing recipes for snacks. I love snacks. I love excuses for snacks. And so, although I don’t have a new snack to share with you today, I’ll give you a list of some of my favorites from The Messy Apron Archives.


Bean Dip with Sour Cream, Salsa and Cheese serve with tortilla chips; see photo above


 Cheddar Jalapeno Cheese Ball if you aren’t into the retro style of the cheese ball, just put this spread in a bowl


Garlic and Herb Vegetable Dip serve with crudité


Green Pea Hummus this one starts with frozen peas and can be made any time of the year; great on pita chips or tortilla chips


Grilled Zucchini and Feta Dip if the weather doesn’t permit firing up the outdoor grill, use a grill pan to give some flavor to the zucchini
 





Spicy Feta Sauce which is great with Falafel formed into small balls before frying


Spinach and Artichoke Dip put out some chips and get out of the way; this is one of my absolute favorites


I also have a few chili recipes in the archives that might be suitable as part of a football game celebration:


Enjoy!


One year ago: Peanut Butter Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment