Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Ingredient of the Week: Apples


 
I get so excited about apple season! There are so many good ones to eat and bake with and put into salads. I could hardly wait until the fresh, locally grown apples were available at the farmer’s market to make them the Ingredient of the Week.

Monday
To start: here’s a post with 14 Favorite Apple Recipes. Most of them are sweet baked goods. All of them are delicious.



Tuesday
Apples are great in salads, too. I love them as a crisp, sweet-tart addition to Crunchy Cabbage,Cauliflower, and Apple Salad.




Wednesday
I like hearty grain salads any time of year. This Farro and Apple Salad with Craisins is a great way to feature in the fall.



Thursday
Classic Double-Crust Apple Pie. Not much introduction needed.




Friday
I love heading into the weekend with the potential to bake this simple but sweet and delicious Glazed Apple Walnut Cake.




Saturday
Apple Turnovers with Dried Fruit are wrapped in an Easy Cream Cheese Pastry, but you could use your favorite crust to customize these delicious little pies.



Sunday
I never really enjoyed Applesauce until I made my own. It really doesn’t take that much time or effort, and apples that stay firm after being cooked just make an applesauce with a different character.




Be sure to make enough applesauce to have some left to make this Applesauce Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.



I’ve got so many new recipes that feature apples (and pears!) waiting to be made and enjoyed. I’ll keep relying on these crisp and delicious sweet-tart fruits to brighten the upcoming darker seasons!



Next Ingredient of the Week: Cabbage!

No comments:

Post a Comment