Friday, July 27, 2018

Friday Night


 
Happiness is a home-grown tomato!

The garden…
**… and the slicer tomatoes are coming along. I can pick one here and there, but I’m getting impatient for the green ones to turn red or yellow-orange or whatever color the heirlooms called Copia will be when they ripen. The photo above is of a Nebraska Wedding heirloom.

**Gardening is all about a level of hope that borders on insanity, and I’m extremely hopeful that enough tomatoes and cucumbers are ripe at the same time to make Gazpacho.

**If not, or if I’m too lazy, I’ll just eat bowls of fresh veggies. They don’t need much adornment, but some Garlic and Herb Vegetable Dip is nice. I even stirred some sour cream into what was left of a container of garden vegetable flavored spreadable cream cheese, and that made a good veggie dip, too.


**I seem to have created a hybrid cucumber-cherry tomato jungle. Sorry, not sorry.



**The zucchini are coming! One or two at a time so far, but I’m armed with this list from The Archives, and this recipe I’m hoping to try out this week.


Reading…

**If you don’t hear from me for a while, come and check to see if I’ve been pinned under To Green Angel Tower. It’s a big book.

**I might start something quicker this weekend, perhaps The Miserable Mill, part 4 of A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. What can I say? I like series.


Recent deliciousness…

**Pizza with Basic Basil Pesto, home-grown cherry tomatoes, and three cheeses: feta, mozzarella, and parmesan
**Sweet corn is at its peak! No need to do much but eat it right off the cob.

The Day Job

**The one work-related text I love getting on a Friday evening: “I will work tomorrow’s open shift.” Saturday, here I come!


Happy birthday to my brother, Jon!


One year ago: Cherry Plum Crisp


No comments:

Post a Comment