Wednesday, September 20, 2017

14 Favorite Apple Recipes




I get so excited about the local September apple scene! I live in the state that developed the Honeycrisp apple, so there’s plenty of regional pride to go along with all those bushels of delicious, fresh, crisp, sweet, tart, all-around-wonderful apples.

 
And so I’ve put together a list of my favorite sweet or at least sweet-ish recipes from The Messy Apron Archives that feature apples, apple cider, and applesauce. There are quick breads, cookies, cakes, desserts and other delicious dishes in this list, many of them requiring an oven, but not all.

To start, there’s breakfast with:



For sweeter breakfast or afternoon snacks:



More quick bread and cake:



Cookies and bars:



More desserts:



And “The Rest”:



Lucky for me, fresh and uniquely delicious apples are available in local markets well into the coldest months, so I have plenty of time to make and enjoy these old favorites as well as try new recipes. I hope you enjoy apple season as much as I do!





No comments:

Post a Comment