Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 in Review




  
I finally got all my new calendars up, so I’m very much aware that 2016 is well underway (as if the explosion of political ads weren’t enough of a clue). I’m finally getting a chance to review all the good stuff that went across these pages last year, however, so allow me a few moments to reminisce.



Here, with no fanfare, is a simple list of my 13 favorite recipes from 2015. There’s no significance to the number 13. This is just the list I came up with when reviewing posts from the last year.
















Really, 2015 was a very busy year, sometimes painfully so. It wasn’t always easy to post regularly, and this space became more about how to get things on the table quickly than I ever thought it would. Not all of my favorite posts from last year fall into that category, however, such as a couple of delicious pies, cheesecake, and a fancy soup, so I still had time to mess about a little. That’s the kind of lovely cooking I really enjoy, and the kind of cooking I hope to do more of in the coming months.


Something, some little tickle in my subconscious, tells me that The Messy Apron may be a bit different in the days ahead. That it may evolve a bit as a journal on cooking and eating, become less rigidly about recipes, celebrate ingredients and lifestyle. But I don’t know. We’ll just have to see. How exciting!





No comments:

Post a Comment