Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Photo Journal: Baking Day




Sunday was baking day. Yes, that day that was impossibly hot and humid for the end of May in Minnesota. Go ahead and get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat. I managed to take one for the team and produce baked goods for several days. From left to right, I have Rhubarb Yogurt Cake (I had hoped to say more about this archive recipe, but there's just one piece left and I've yet to take a decent photo.), Wheat Sandwich Bread, Banana Nut Yeast Bread (more on that and a recipe soon!) and a light whole wheat version of the no-knead bread I mentioned years ago in this post. I also made a baked dish of Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Shells, inspired by this dip. I hope to post that recipe soon, too.

Sure, it was hot, hot, hot in my kitchen on that Sunday, but I've hardly lifted a finger the rest of this week as I'm living on leftovers (really they're plan-overs) and sandwiches.

One Year Ago: Blueberry Rhubarb Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment