Friday, October 30, 2009

Trick or Treat





















I don’t get into Halloween
The way that some folks do
With vampires, ghouls and witches
And other beings that “boo.”

I put up decorations:
Jack o’lanterns and such,
Spider webs or black cats,
But really not so much.

I don’t go trick-or-treating
Or playing nasty jokes.
I don’t go around scaring
Law-abiding folks.

I couldn’t say how long it’s been
Since I dressed in costume,
Or danced nude with sister witches
By the ghostly light of the moon.

There’s just one thing that I must have.
It will be my downfall.
There’s just one thing that makes it worth
Having Halloween at all.

There’s nothing else I care about,
Only one thing under the stars
That makes me excited for All Hallow’s Eve:
Fun-size candy bars!










2 comments:

  1. Hehehe. Very nice! Certainly can't argue with that logic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!...and _never_ argue with a fun-size Snickers bar!

    ReplyDelete